email marketing forms a large part of revenue for most of the online businesses worldwide. You might have heard about email marketing not being significant in the modern digital marketing world, but the statistics would say otherwise.
Large corporations have been leveraging email marketing and continue to milk this form of marketing to rake in large market shares. The beauty of the way of marketing is that you can do the same in your business and increase results and sales.
If you are not spending considerable time in implementing and optimizing the email marketing part of your business, you are leaving a lot on the table.
Just a small practice of automating the abandoned carts in E-commerce makes a difference of millions of dollars for many companies.
If you haven’t automated it in your business, don’t worry as we cover everything from the start and also talk about the best sequences which you can adopt today. We will cover the psychology behind the emails and the benefits that you will get from them.
Types of sequences for businesses
There are a lot of sequences of email marketing for businesses and the copywriting, and the events also change from Industry to Industry.
We will be covering the main sections of businesses including –
- Service-based companies
- Manufacturing Industry
- Consultancy companies
We will talk about the sequences for all these Industries.
- Essential things to keep in mind are the hundreds of benefits of email marketing devoting an appropriate time in strategizing the same for your business
The factor of traffic
Every website in the world needs traffic, and there are various sources through which you can generate this traffic. SEO is one of the significant ways of getting traffic for your website and ranking on particular things can change fortunes for many companies.
There is a crucial factor which is often overlooked by companies which is that the rankings on Google can change anytime, and you might not receive the same amount of organic traffic on your website.
This is where email marketing helps you as collecting email with some lead magnets can help you build a loyal audience which can be marketed again and again. You won’t have to worry about getting traffic from Google after you have a significant base of subscribers. This is the same for the case of customers as you can convert a customer into a regular customer by being in touch and marketing services and products in the future.
The email marketing sequences that are effective for consultancy companies are integrating lead magnets on the website.
Thought leadership will be the most significant source of your customers and collecting data from all the customers who are reading your thought leadership articles is your duty.
Nurture your email list with regular newsletter with thought leadership articles and news about the Industry. The timings of the pop-ups should come with some delay after a visitor lands on the website. The timings of both the pop-ups and email newsletters should be tested and optimized, which will increase the open rate.
If you have a products section on your website, make sure to integrate the tools listed for E-commerce websites.
E-commerce is the biggest beneficiary of email marketing, and integrating it is an utter necessity in the 2020-2021 world.
Let’s talk about the primary sequences –
Welcome email series
Whenever someone joins your email marketing subscription, integrating a welcome email series will help you to automate everything for all the customers. The secret of success lies in copywriting and engaging your customers by talking about the problems they are facing.
Here is an example of this sequence –
- The starting should be with nurture emails of thanking them
- The next 2 emails should talk about the company and its values and mission
- The following emails should talk about engaging stories which are embedded with emotions(this is where the magic happens)
- Subsequent few emails will contain the story and pitch of the things that you want your customers to buy
Onboarding email sequence
This kind of sequence is started when someone buys your services or starts a free trial in case of subscriptions/booking a trial.
This is the right time to introduce your prospects to the benefits of your products/services and how you will be solving the problems in their lives.
The key points to remember in these mails are –
- Focus on the problem that you will be solved rather than talking about the features of your product
- Integrate social proof in terms of reviews, testimonials, number of customers and the recent surge in purchases
- Make sure to give some discounts with a limited period offer so that they have a reason to buy from you
Abandoned cart series
This sequence will give you the highest revenue as abandoning a cart is a common problem faced by every website. There can be hundreds of reasons for abandoning a cart, and a small reminder can do wonders in terms of sales for you.
An example sequence for this is –
- The first reminder sent precisely after 24 hours to complete the purchase with a catchy line
- Next one sent after 48 hours which will talk about the possible problems that the customer could be facing
- The final email should be sent after 72 hours with an irresistible discount
Other types of sequences
There are a lot of sequences, and listing all of them in this post is impossible. We are listing some of the main ones which you must consider in your strategy –
- Repeat customer emails and talking about how you miss them
- Reengagement for prospects who did not complete the cart after approximately a month
- Cold email sequences
- And many others
Email marketing is one of the most robust tools which you can work to increase the results that you are getting. Make sure to integrate all the sequences mentioned in this post.
An important thing to keep in mind is that copywriting plays a significant role, and you must try different Subject lines and body content to test what works best in your Industry.
Implement everything now, and I assure you that you will discover a new source of revenue which has been hidden from your eyes ever since!